- Robert McCammon will speak in Huntsville, AL, on October 2, 2014
- An unabridged audiobook of Boy’s Life will be released on October 7, 2014
- Subterranean Press will publish The Border in Spring 2015
- Audible will release an unabridged audiobook of The Border in Spring 2015
- The limited edition of The Queen of Bedlam has shipped
- The limited edition of They Thirst will ship in October
Subterranean Press has partnered with Gumroad to sell their ebooks directly from the Subterranean Press website. To get things started, they’re having a sale on all of their ebooks through Tuesday, September 30, 2014. The following Robert McCammon titles are priced at only $2.99 when purchased through the Gumroad links on the Subterranean site during this sale.
- Bethany’s Sin
- The Night Boat
- They Thirst
- Mister Slaughter
- The Providence Rider
- The River of Souls
- The Hunter from the Woods
- I Travel by Night
When you purchase via Subterranean/Gumroad, you will receive links to two files you can download: a MOBI (Kindle) and an EPUB (NOOK and others).
The sale also includes books by Clive Barker, John Scalzi, Robert Silverberg, and many more. You can see all of the Subterranean ebooks on sale here.
Note: These sale prices are only valid in the U.S. (and Canada, for some titles).
For Chinese readers, Nautilus has purchased the rights for Chinese translation of Robert McCammon’s upcoming horror/SF novel The Border. No word on when that’ll appear, but Subterranean Press will publish The Border in limited, trade hardcover, and ebook editions in Spring 2015. Audible will release an unabridged audiobook edition of The Border at the same time.
You can read a little more about The Border here.
Finally, here are some of the recent related links from around the ‘net:
- Michael R. Collings wrote a fantastic essay about Boy’s Life
- Jonathan Janz write a superb review of The Wolf’s Hour
- Arah-Lynda Hay wrote a great review of Boy’s Life on Goodreads
- The “Talk Stephen King” blogger posted about Swan Song (and part 2)
- Artist Soraya Nullia posted about the “I believe in magic” quote from Boy’s Life
- Writer A. Braxton reviewed Swan Song
- Blog site lostinthatstory reviewed The River of Souls
- A photo of a tattooed quote from Boy’s Life was posted on Facebook
- Blog site wrongspelling posted excellent reviews of Speaks the Nightbird and The Queen of Bedlam
Don’t forget: Robert McCammon will be speaking at the Huntsville-Madison County Public Library on Thursday, October 2, 2014, at 6:30 PM!
Simon & Schuster Audio is scheduled to release an unabridged audiobook edition of Robert McCammon’s classic coming-of-age tale, Boy’s Life, on October 7, 2014!
Until now, the only available audio edition was an abridged version read by Richard Thomas and released on audiocassette back in 1991, then reissued via Audible in 2011.
This new, 23-hour, unabridged recording is narrated by George Newbern.
A 25th anniversary reprint of the 1990 anthology Best New Horror #1, edited by Stephen Jones and Ramsay Campbell, has been published by Drugstore Indian Press, an imprint of PS Publishing in the UK. This book includes Robert McCammon’s short story “Pin,” which was first published in Blue World. It can be ordered directly from PS Publishing via their website. The full cover image for the trade paperback, including flaps, is shown below.
Filmmaking brothers Dani and Darrell Waters crafted a cool short film to promote Wasteland Weekend, “The World’s Largest Post-Apocalyptic Festival,” that also pays tribute to Robert McCammon’s classic novel Swan Song. You can view the film below or watch it on YouTube.
Director: Darrell Waters
Starring: Darrell and Dani Waters
DP/Camera “A”: Dave Waters
Camera “B”: Danny Ho
Post production: Dwatersfilm
The film was submitted to the Wasteland Weekend Film Festival. The event takes place September 25–28, 2014, in California City, CA.
Robert McCammon fan Paul Halucha recently sent me these photos of a custom wooden slipcase he had made for his lettered copy of the Dark Harvest edition of Swan Song. The case was made by Dick Olson of Bookslipcase.com (aka Dolso Cases).
Click on each image to view a larger version. Thanks, Paul!
Brilliance Audio will be releasing the audiobook editions of The Wolf’s Hour and The Hunter from the Woods on MP3 CD on October 28, 2014. Both audiobooks are unabridged and read by Simon Prebble. They are also currently available as downloadable files from Audible. Both CDs list for $14.99, but are currently discounted on Amazon US.
Artist Vincent Chong posted these illustrations from the Subterranean Press limited edition of The Queen of Bedlam on his blog this morning. The Queen of Bedlam is available as a signed, slipcased, limited edition from Subterranean Press. It can be purchased here.
Click on the images to view larger versions of each.