- The cover of the limited edition
of Speaks the Nightbird has been added to the Cover Gallery.
- Ryan MacMichael sent in the following quote from the Nov/Dec 2002 issue of
Rue Morgue magazine. On page 46 at the end of a review of the
nazi-zombie DVD Shock Waves was this:
"Despite its faults, fans of independent seventies horror could spend
their hard-earned on much worse films than Shock Waves. It's worth
noting, however, that the all-time best underwater Nazi zombie tale
wasn't actually a film, but a novel: Robert R. McCammon's pulpy gem
The Night Boat."
- Stephen Ellison sent in a scan of the
uncorrected proof for the U.S. paperback edition of Blue World, which
I've added to the Blue World Cover
Gallery. And thanks to Dave Gullberg, the MINE Cover Gallery now
includes the in-store display for McCammon's 1990 Nashville signing.
- The limited edition of Speaks the Nightbird has been shipped to book dealers;
Camelot Books have both reported their receipt of the books.
- Speaks the Nightbird has been selected as one of the 76 best books in America by
the independent booksellers affiliated with BookSense for January and
February. You can see the
entire list by clicking here.
The selection process uses blurbs from independent booksellers who
actually read the books instead of other obligated authors and
publishers. Speaks the Nightbird was nominated by the Alabama Booksmith and was
among 2,000 nominations.
- A new link was added to the Links page for
BookShare.org, a web site offering downloadable novels for the
visually-impaired. They currently have 8 McCammon novels available.
(They use a loophole (?) in the copyright law to offer these.)
Also, links to several more reviews were added.
- Added a link to the Birmingham Regional Chamber of Commerce page to
the Links page.
- A Publishers Weekly interview with Robert McCammon is now online
on their web site. Visit the Interview
Archive for the link.
- New cover images have been added for MINE (U.S. Book Club)
and Mystery Walk (French trade paperbacks).
- Modified the Interviews page to include a
link to "PW Talks with Robert McCammon" on the Publishers
Weekly web site. Also added cover images for the MINE U.S. Book
Club Edition and the French trade paperback editions of Mystery
- Frank Darabont (director of The Green Mile and The
Majestic) has completed his screenplay based on Robert McCammon's 1990
novel MINE. It's much too early to say if a film version will actually be
- New reviews of Speaks the Nightbird from The Clarion-Ledger and The
Rocky Mountain News can be found on the Speaks the Nightbird page.
- Modified the Buy page to
include links to search Biblion.com
(like the ABE, only UK dealers), Half.com, and eBay.
- Established the Flea Market Message Board
to help those looking for books find them and those with extra books find
new homes for them.
- A Message Board, with a new look and
new features, has been established. The old messages are still available
for your reading pleasure.
- Added the 2002 Signings page, which details
the planned Robert McCammon Readings and Signings.