- A new Hungarian publisher,
Agave Könyvek (Agave
Books), plans to publish a translation of Robert McCammon's
1990 novel MINE in May 2004. This will be the first Hungarian
translation of a McCammon novel.
- The Louisville Cardinal, the newspaper of the University of
review of Speaks the Nightbird on November 4, 2003.
- I picked up a copy of the Speaks the Nightbird paperback (volume 1) today at my
local Wal-Mart, so the book is available now! Tell all your friends!
- The Japanese edition of Speaks the Nightbird will be
published by Bungeishunju in August 2003! Thanks to Naomi Hoida for
- A November 1988 Castle Rock
interview with Robert McCammon has been added to the
Interview archive. This interview was
conducted by Jodi Strissel.
- Robert McCammon's Speaks the Nightbird was awarded the "Bronze" award
in the Historical Fiction category of the ForeWord 2002 Book of the
Year Awards. The awards are presented by ForeWord Magazine
and honor books published by independent presses. (The "Bronze"
award is third place; the gold went to Ebola: Through the Eyes of the
People, by William T. Close (Meadowlark Springs Productions), and the
silver went to Raven Woman, by Pinkie Paranya (Sands Publishing).
Congratulations to River City Publishing and all the winners.
- The details for the limited edition contest mentioned above should be
posted here around the middle of June 2003. Stay tuned!
- New URI for the site! The site's official URI is now
www.RobertMcCammon.com. The old URI (with the "R")
will still work, but I wanted the URI to match the new books.
- A new review of Speaks the Nightbird appears on
the Sabledrake Magazine web site for May 2003.
- Robert McCammon will be appearing at Alabama Bound
on Saturday, April 26, 2003, from 11:30 A.M. to 12:30 P.M. at the
Birmingham Public Library in Birmingham, AL. According to their web site:
Each author will be introduced and will speak briefly. A
question-and-answer period will follow each session. Authors will be
available for booksignings at the end of the question-and-answer period.
- More additions to the Book Cover Gallery:
advance proofs for Blue World (Pocket), Stalkers, and Razored
Saddles (both Dark Harvest). Thanks to Stephen Ellison for the scans.
- Breaking news!
Pocket Books will be publishing Speaks the Nightbird in a mass-market paperback
edition in September 2003! The book may be published in two volumes (with
the second volume appearing in October), but that is apparently still under
discussion. Pocket Books will also be repromoting and reissuing Gone South,
Mystery Walk, and Usher's Passing during that same timeframe. The new reprints
will presumably have new cover artwork, as well.
- Anyone interested in pursuing the rights to any of Robert McCammon's
works should contact McCammon's agent:
- A number of book covers in the Cover Gallery
have been rescanned to provide larger and/or cleaner images.
- Yet another 1989 article/interview "from the archives" has
been added to the interviews page.
This article was originally
published in the 1989 book How to Write Horror and Get It Published.