|Last updated June 18, 2010|
|Frontsight Productions is currently in pre-production on a movie version of Robert McCammon's 1990 novella "Blue World", which appeared in the collection of the same name. The Frontsight Productions website also has information about the production.|
- The current working title is Blue World. The preliminary title was
- Blue World entry at the Internet Movie Database
- The movie will be produced by Michael Nehs.
- The screenplay is by
Charley Rivkin and
- The film will be directed by first-time director
- Filming is planned to begin in the Milwaukee area in Spring 2011.
- A theatrical release is planned.
- The budget for the production is $2.5 million.
- For more information, consult the
Frontsight Productions web site and the
Blue World thread on the Message Board.
2010-06-18 — ReelChicago.com news about Blue World
2010-02-01 — A new update from Frontsight
2009 was a difficult year in the film industry but we are back on track with Blue World. The film is on its way to major packaging agents and financiers as we speak and is officially scheduled for production fall of 2010. We are very excited to produce this wonderful story this year. Thanks to you, Robert and the fans for the patience on this project.
Here is the updated casting information. Mr. Nehs also stated, "Father Lancaster has been difficult. Would love to hear ideas of Blue World fans for this lead role." If you have suggestions, you can mail to me at [email protected] and I'll forward them to Mr. Nehs.
Blue World Production Info and Cast:
04/16/08 — Casting news
- I'm expecting an update from Michael Nehs sometime in February. In the
meantime, here's what I've been able to piece together from a couple of
articles I've found on the 'net:
- Frontsight Productions has recently partnered with Intrinsic Value Films to
produce Blue World. A January 8, 2008, post on ProductionCharts.com
mentions this and gives shooting dates from March 17 to April 16 in the Chicago
- A January 23, 2008, article about
film incentives in Wisconsin states that filming will occur in Milwaukee.
Here's an excerpt from the article:
Blue World: A $2.5 million production set for filming in Milwaukee. The film is an adaption of the Robert R. McCammon novella of the same name and is being produced by Pewaukee native Michael Nehs-- it's been adapted to screenplay by Charley Rivkin, who's also slated to direct. Nehs and Rivkin previously collaborated on a film called Heavens Fall.
Angela Little Mackenzie is on board to star in the leading female role. She has recently been seen in Walk hard: The Dewey Cox Story, American Pie presents Band Camp, Busty Cops, Busty Cops II, and Alabama Jones and the Busty Crusade.
Here is another news article that also states the movie will be shot in Milwaukee.
- Frontsight Productions has recently partnered with Intrinsic Value Films to produce Blue World. A January 8, 2008, post on ProductionCharts.com mentions this and gives shooting dates from March 17 to April 16 in the Chicago area.
|Frontsight Productions Update Newsletters|
- August 1, 2005, update
- November 3, 2005, update
- January 23, 2006, update
- April 24, 2006, update
- September 30, 2006, update
- November 11, 2006, update
- August 9, 2007, update
An October 2007 article in Screen Magazine about Frontsight Productions' new sound studio, Templar Sounds, includes this tidbit about their planned film version of Robert McCammon's "Blue World":
And if that isn't a big enough project, Nehs has some film work going on through Frontsight Productions, as well. The feature Blue World, which is based on the book by Robert McCammon and directed by Rivkin, is scheduled to begin shooting late this fall, but Nehs says this time frame might be delayed until January due to actor availability. Nehs says Blue World will be completed from start to finish right here in Chicago—with the post and scoring taking place at Templar Sounds.
And here is the second teaser poster created for the movie: