|Corrections, typos, etc.|
|News and Updates Archive -- 2002|
- Minor updates and corrections to the Bibliography pages.
- Added a link to another new review (Baryon Online) to the Speaks the Nightbird page.
- The cover of the limited edition
of Speaks the Nightbird has been added to the Cover Gallery.
- Ryan MacMichael sent in the following quote from the Nov/Dec 2002 issue of
Rue Morgue magazine. On page 46 at the end of a review of the
nazi-zombie DVD Shock Waves was this:
"Despite its faults, fans of independent seventies horror could spend their hard-earned on much worse films than Shock Waves. It's worth noting, however, that the all-time best underwater Nazi zombie tale wasn't actually a film, but a novel: Robert R. McCammon's pulpy gem The Night Boat."
- Stephen Ellison sent in a scan of the uncorrected proof for the U.S. paperback edition of Blue World, which I've added to the Blue World Cover Gallery. And thanks to Dave Gullberg, the MINE Cover Gallery now includes the in-store display for McCammon's 1990 Nashville signing.
- The limited edition of Speaks the Nightbird has been shipped to book dealers;
Camelot Books have both reported their receipt of the books.
- Speaks the Nightbird has been selected as one of the 76 best books in America by the independent booksellers affiliated with BookSense for January and February. You can see the entire list by clicking here. The selection process uses blurbs from independent booksellers who actually read the books instead of other obligated authors and publishers. Speaks the Nightbird was nominated by the Alabama Booksmith and was among 2,000 nominations.
- Added another picture from the Nashville signing sent in by Mark Hickerson. Thanks, Mark!
- Added pictures of cardboard promotional displays for the British paperback edition of Stinger, the U.S. paperback edition of The Wolf's Hour, the U.S. paperback edition of Blue World, and the U.S. hardcover edition of Gone South to the Cover Gallery.
- A new link was added to the Links page for BookShare.org, a web site offering downloadable novels for the visually-impaired. They currently have 8 McCammon novels available. (They use a loophole (?) in the copyright law to offer these.) Also, links to several more reviews were added.
- Speaks the Nightbird has been named one of The Best of 2002
by January Magazine!
- Matt Schwartz of Shocklines.com reports that River City Publishing expects to receive the limited edition of Speaks the Nightbird in-house around December 20, 2002. Preordered books will most likely ship after the beginning of the new year.
- The Horror World web site has posted a review of Speaks the Nightbird.
- Bev Vincent forwarded a Creature Corner article about Frank Darabont that mentions Darabont's adaptation of Robert McCammon's 1990 novel, MINE. Thanks, Bev!
- Finally!! Part 2 of my January 2002 interview with Robert McCammon is now online! In this interview, McCammon looks back at and discusses each of his novels. (You can click here to read Part 1.)
- Added a 2003 date to the Signings page.
- Added a link to the Birmingham Regional Chamber of Commerce page to the Links page.
- Added another photo to the Nashville signing photo page.
- A new review of Speaks the Nightbird by author Wayne Greenhaw has been posted to
the SouthernScribe.com web site
(and linked from here on the Speaks the Nightbird page).
- Photos from the Bay Minette Public
Library signing are online, thanks to Charlotte Cabaniss!
- The Post-Herald article/interview is now online here. Thanks to the Post-Herald for permission to reprint the article.
- Photos from the Montgomery, AL, signing on October 3, 2002, are online.
- Fan Shannon has contributed a McCammon wallpaper image (800x600) for use as a background for your PC.
- Bob Beckstead's old McCammon Book Cover PC Screensaver is available again now.
- Added new cover images for MINE (2nd printing hardcover) and Boy's Life (excerpt in The Pocket Books Hardcover Summer Fiction Sampler).
- Photos from the Nashville signing on October 12, 2002, are online.
- Author Gary A. Braunbeck has written a great review of Speaks the Nightbird for this site.
- Another new cover image has been added to the Cover Gallery: the Boy's Life Advance Proof of the British hardcover edition published by Michael Joseph in 1992.
- Added "Eat Me" to the Fiction page and added a Site Map page. Added Nashville signing details and information about the 1st edition to the Speaks the Nightbird page.
- Online booksellers have begun shipping copies of Speaks the Nightbird !
- A Publishers Weekly interview with Robert McCammon is now online
on their web site. Visit the Interview
Archive for the link.
- New cover images have been added for MINE (U.S. Book Club) and Mystery Walk (French trade paperbacks).
- Modified the Interviews page to include a link to "PW Talks with Robert McCammon" on the Publishers Weekly web site. Also added cover images for the MINE U.S. Book Club Edition and the French trade paperback editions of Mystery Walk.
- Frank Darabont (director of The Green Mile and The
Majestic) has completed his screenplay based on Robert McCammon's 1990
novel MINE. It's much too early to say if a film version will actually be
- New reviews of Speaks the Nightbird from The Clarion-Ledger and The Rocky Mountain News can be found on the Speaks the Nightbird page.
- Updated the FAQ.
- Added 32 new cover scans to the Cover Gallery! Thanks to Robert McCammon for the book covers to scan.
- Added 9/13/02 signing photos from Christy Davis. Also split up the Guestbook into two parts because of its size.
- Added a Speaks the Nightbird review by Bev Vincent from the 09/13/02, edition of The Courier from Conroe, TX.
- Added more pictures to the 9/9/02 signing photos page.
- Added a new signing photos page. Added reviews of Speaks the Nightbird from The Poisoned Pen and Sandra Brown, and added another comment from Stephen King. Corrected Capitol Book & News info on signing page.
- Added links to BookSense.com on the purchase pages. Also added info on ordering signed copies of Speaks the Nightbird from the Alabama Booksmith to the signings page.
- Added New Signing Dates!!!
- Modified the Buy page to include links to search Biblion.com (like the ABE, only UK dealers), Half.com, and eBay.
- Added Bill Sheehan's review of Speaks the Nightbird from the 08/2002 issue of Locus.
- Added a pointer to the River City
Publishing BEA 2002 Photo Gallery. Also added a couple of bibliography
details and image scans from Jennifer Hennessy:
- Established the Flea Market Message Board to help those looking for books find them and those with extra books find new homes for them.
- A Message Board, with a new look and new features, has been established. The old messages are still available for your reading pleasure.
- Added comments from
author Chet Williamson about Speaks the Nightbird.
Added a McCammon interview from 1981, which originally appeared in State of Shock. This is the earliest interview I've been able to find so far.
- Added more scheduled Robert McCammon signing dates.
- Added the 2002 Signings page, which details the planned Robert McCammon Readings and Signings.