The Donald Maass Literary Agency has announced that Chinese publisher Xiron has acquired the Chinese rights to Robert McCammon’s Swan Song.
As we reported last month, these rights deals were also recently signed:
- Czech rights to Usher’s Passing have been acquired by Dobrovsky
- French rights to Swan Song have been acquired by Monsieur Toussaint Louverture
- German rights to The Providence Rider have been acquired by Luzifer Verlag
These will be the first translations of each book published in those countries. Presumably, these editions will be published in 2020 or 2021.
Other upcoming international editions planned include:
- Polish translation of Speaks the Nightbird from Vesper
- Bulgarian translation of The Listener from Ciela
- German translation of Boy’s Life from Luzifer (coming in March 2020!)
- Five novels from Russian publisher Azbooka (presumably; deal announced in 2018, nothing yet)
If you read German, an excerpt from Luzifer’s upcoming translation of Boy’s Life can be read on their website.