Subterranean Press posted this news on their site this morning:
We’re pleased to announce three new Robert McCammon titles. First up is the Signed Limited Edition of his classic collection, Blue World, expanded to include three newer stories, as well as a full-color dust jacket and full-color interior illustrations by Vincent Chong.
About the Book:
In this expanded edition of Robert McCammon’s classic short story collection, you will encounter horrors and delights in equal measure, including:
- A man who awakens one morning to find a skeleton in bed where his wife had been the night before.
- A small-time thief who steals a makeup case, and learns a dead horror star’s secret.
- A roadside diner, where a Vietnam veteran comes seeking shelter from the storm.
- A young man in prison, who finds beauty and hope on the wings of a yellow bird.
- Halloween in a very special residential area, where trick-or-treating is deadly serious.
- A red house on a street of gray houses, and a breath of sweet fire.
- The adventures of a has-been serial hero, who dons his old costume and goes in search of a serial killer.
- A priest obsessed by a porno star, and his realization that both of them are being stalked by a third shadow.
- An old woman who channels early, simpler times in a melancholy Bradburyesque future.
We will see worlds within worlds through the windows of these stories. We might even see the end of the world, and we might sit on a front porch for a while and sip a glass of gasoline on a hot December day.
Limited: 1000 signed numbered hardcover copies, with exclusive full-color illustrations: $80
Lettered: 52 signed leatherbound copies, housed in a custom traycase: $275
Table of Contents:
- Yellowjacket Summer
- Doom City
- Yellachile’s Cage
- I Scream Man!
- He’ll Come Knocking at Your Door
- Night Calls the Green Falcon
- The Red House
- Something Passed By
- Blue World
- Strange Candy (previously uncollected)
- White (previously uncollected)
- Children of the Bedtime Machine (previously uncollected)
That’s not our only McCammon news of the day. This summer, we also plan to release three McCammon trade paperbacks;
If you’re a collector on a budget, there’s the option of having all three signed by the author. This special, limited to only 350 sets, can be ordered through the Blue World page.